What is it?
A viral infection (human papiloma virus) of the foot. Verucca may be single or multiple mosaic.
Signs and Symptoms / Predisposing Factors
- Can develop anywhere on the foot
- Brown dots may be seen. These are indicative of small blood vessels (capillaries) that have grown into the core of the wart to supply it with blood.
- There may be an overlying callus, especially underneath the foot due to pressure from standing and walking
- If wart enlarges, walking may become painful
- Multiple warts can coalesce to form flat mosaic warts
Treatment will take place when painful and when virus is starting to spread to other areas of the foot.
- Cryotherapy (Liquid nitrogen) low temperatures are used to destroy tissues.
- Chemical agents \ acids are applied to the area.
- Electro - cautery utilises electricity in performance of surgery.
- Disinfection of shoes, shower and bath to prevent re-infection and spreading to other family members.